KIADAN PLAGA VILLAGE – Coffee in the clouds.
Venture into mixed-crop coffee gardens with local farmers and watch the organic coffee making process unfold. Coffee almost runs in the veins of the people here and you will gain in-depth insight into the work involved in filling your coffee cup and behind the scenes issues of staying afloat in the coffee business.
Put on your trekking shoes and explore Plaga’s jungle-like gardens, sprinkled with cinnamon, vanilla, clove and cocoa amongst many other plants. Find out which plants are used for what, and community strategies for conserving their local resources.
- Organic Coffee Farming
- Forrest Garden
- Original House of Kiadan Plaga Village Founder
- Authentic homemade cuisine
- Nungnung biggest Water Fall
As all our trips are tailor made – this is a typical itinerary only. Please let JED know at the time of booking what your specific interests are so that your tour can be personalized.
- Pick up from your hotel by JED’s driver and guide in your air conditioned vehicle. Enjoy the lush tropical scenery as you head up the road to Pelaga.
- Arrive at Pelaga and enjoy a freshly brewed cup of organic Pelaga coffee with some local delicacies. At the bale subak (village meeting hall) you will meet some of the village elders and have an opportunity to learn about daily life in Pelaga and the history of coffee growing in the area.
- A trek around Pelaga will provide an opportunity to enjoy some of the scenery, as well as to see how the Pelaga coffee beans are cultivated and picked. There will also be a chance to learn about other crops that are grown in Pelaga such as the rare “dry” rice. The guide will also introduce you to other wild and cultivated crops that you can enjoy at lunch.
- The trek will also include a visit to the sacred spring and temple.
- Lunch provides another opportunity to taste some more of Pelaga’s local produce. A Balinese style feast where you can experience authentic local cuisine is sure to satiate any appetite. Of course lunch can be capped off with another Pelaga coffee.
- Check into your homestay and then have a stroll around the village which will enable you to experience daily life in the village and interact with the local people. You will also see the original house of the founder of the village that is still used today.
- A short tour of the coffee production house will explain the coffee production cycle from coffee plant to cup before returning to your accommodation. You can also take a walk to the nearby Nung Nung water falls, a favorite romantic spot for young couples from nearby villages.
- Free time to freshen up and relax prior to dinner.
- Enjoy a traditional Balinese style dinner followed by Rindik, bamboo music and the Joged dance (dancing will be performed when the booking 6 people to more). This is a Balinese dance that was traditionally led by young women that enabled them to select a young man in the village that they were interested in to dance with. There will be an opportunity to participate.
- Wake up with some Pelaga coffee and an authentic Balinese breakfast with fresh fruit and then enjoy some free time in the village. (Wake up early is recommended to do bird watching).
- Begin the trip back to you accommodation and enjoy the majestic scenery as you descend from the hills of Pelaga.
- Arrive back at accommodation after what will be a stimulating trip in more ways than one! You can always bring some Pelaga coffee home as a memento of your visit
- Please bring towel, hat, sunscreen and insect repellent and wear comfortable clothes and shoes such as runners or hiking boots. Please note that it can get cool at night so jeans/ trousers and a long sleeve top are advisable.
- The accommodation is clean but basic with a Balinese style bathroom and shower (mandi). Hot water can be provided on request.
- As JED is owned by the four communities all profits are returned to the local communities. Your visit not only helps generate local employment, but also provides financial support for local environmental, social and historical conservation activities.
Approximately 2 days & 1 night. Leave 8:00 am / Come back 11:00am on the following day
*Pick up and drop off time vary based on your hotel location. Please make sure your pick up time which will be written in the booking confirmation from JED
- Government tax & service charge
- English speaking guide (Other language speaking guide is subject on availability and must be reserved in advance)
- Private full air-conditioned car with gasoline and experience driver
- Coffee & local delicacies
- 1 (one) x lunch at the village
- 1 (one) x dinner at the village
- 1 (one) x breakfast at the village
- 1 (one) x bottle mineral water and can be refilled with clean drinking water at the village
- Home stay at the family share
Price DOES NOT Includes
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
Please make sure that you have a valid travel insurance
- 50% cancellation fee will be charged if the cancellation is made within 1 (one) day prior to booked date/departure date.
- 100% cancellation fee will be charged if the cancellation is made on the day of departure date and for no show cases.
*Sudden schedule change may occur due to Balinese religious events etc.