KIADAN PLAGA VILLAGE – Coffee in the clouds.
Venture into mixed-crop coffee gardens with local farmers and watch the organic coffee making process unfold. Coffee almost runs in the veins of the people here and you will gain in-depth insight into the work involved in filling your coffee cup and behind the scenes issues of staying afloat in the coffee business.
Put on your trekking shoes and explore Plaga’s jungle-like gardens, sprinkled with cinnamon, vanilla, clove and cocoa amongst many other plants. Find out which plants are used for what, and community strategies for conserving their local resources.
- Organic Coffee Farming
- Forrest Garden
- Original House of Kiadan Plaga Village Founder
- Authentic homemade cuisine
- Nungnung biggest Water Fall
As all our trips are tailor made – this is a typical itinerary only. Please let JED know at the time of booking what your specific interests are so that your tour can be personalized.
- Pick up from your hotel by JED’s driver and guide in your air conditioned vehicle. Enjoy the lush tropical scenery as you head up the road to Pelaga.
- Arrive at Pelaga and enjoy a freshly brewed cup of organic Pelaga coffee with some local delicacies. At the bale subak (village meeting hall) you will meet some of the village elders and have an opportunity to learn about daily life in Pelaga and the history of coffee growing in the area.
- A trek around Pelaga will provide an opportunity to enjoy some of the scenery, as well as to see how the Pelaga coffee beans are cultivated and picked. There will also be a chance to learn about other crops that are grown in Pelaga such as the rare “dry” rice. The guide will also introduce you to other wild and cultivated crops that you can enjoy at lunch.
- Lunch provides another opportunity to taste some more of Pelaga’s local produce. A Balinese style feast where you can experience authentic local cuisine is sure to satiate any appetite. Of course lunch can be capped off with another Pelaga coffee.
- A stroll around the village after lunch will enable you to experience daily life in the village and interact with the local people. You will also see the original house of the founder of the village that is still used today.
- Prior to leaving Pelaga, a short tour of the coffee production house will explain the coffee production cycle from coffee plant to cup.
- Arrive back at accommodation after what will be a stimulating day in more ways than one! You can always bring some Pelaga coffee home as a memento of your visit.
- Please bring a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent and wear comfortable clothes and shoes such as runners or hiking boots.
- As JED is owned by the four communities all profits are returned to the local communities. Your visit not only helps generate local employment, but also provides financial support for local environmental, social and historical conservation activities.
Approximately 9 hours. Leave 8:00 am / Come back 5:00 pm
*Pick up and drop off time vary based on your hotel location. Please make sure your pick up time which will be written in the booking confirmation from JED
- Government tax & service charge
- English speaking guide (Other language speaking guide is subject on availability and must be reserved in advance)
- Private full air-conditioned car with gasoline and experience driver
- Coffee & local delicacies
- 1 (one) x lunch at the village
- 1 (one) x bottle mineral water and can be refilled with clean drinking water at the village
Price DOES NOT Includes
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
Please make sure that you have a valid travel insurance
- 50% cancellation fee will be charged if the cancellation is made within 1 (one) day prior to booked date/departure date.
- 100% cancellation fee will be charged if the cancellation is made on the day of departure date and for no show cases.
*Sudden schedule change may occur due to Balinese religious events etc.